MISA supports men in difficult life situations, we walk with them to find a way ahead, even when the future seems bleak, and overwhelming. We invite men of different backgrounds, ages, and situations to access our services to gain management of their situational crisis, and build new direction into their lives.
Whilst we provide proactive male-focused support services that strengthen relationships and hope for men, MISA invites women and children to access services. MISA strives to ensure all feel welcome and valued. Our service places the client at the centre of decision making processes to provide a compassionate, respectful, and authentic engagement.
In situations where men are facing a major life challenge, counselling can support to facilitate change. The benefits of counselling include:
- increasing your understanding of yourself.
- learning how to manage your emotions and responses.
- gaining knowledge and understanding of your personal resources.
- developing your life skills to improve relationships.
Workshop: Transformation 24/7
Transformation 24/7 is a 12-week Workshop for the development of skills, increasing self -awareness, and gaining management of your emotional responses. It can be beneficial for learning to understand and manage anger. Benefits of attending a Workshop include:
- learning to make better decisions solve issues that cause conflict
- gaining the ability to improve relationships with others
- extending compassion to others and yourself
- increasing your self – awareness
- creating a better relationship with yourself
MISA provides Parenting Programs, including 2 specific programs that are sometimes agency requested. The Triple P Parenting Program is designed to assist parents to improve their parenting skills and build positive relationships with their children. The program gives you the skills to:
- encourage the behaviour you like to see from your child.
- deal positively and consistently with problem behaviour.
- take the stress out of parenting.
Help us to help you
MISA supports men in difficult life situations, we walk with them to find a way ahead, even when the future seems bleak, and overwhelming. We invite men of different backgrounds, ages, and situations to access our counselling and support services in order to regain lost control, and build new direction into their lives.